Monday, June 04, 2007

Cheese Toast

Cheese toast is really good. And easy to make if you have a toaster oven. Conventional toasters need not apply. Take a piece of bread. Put a piece of cheese. Toast. Eat. It's the perfect snack...especially now when I seem to be hungry about every hour or two. In case you didn't know, we're expecting a new addition to our family on or about Jan. 13, 2008. Yup...that's right. So right now I spend most of my time making sure my stomach doesn't get empty otherwise a very unsettling, queasy feeling takes over. Hence the cheese toast.

Besides eating all the time, here are some updates on life these days.

  • Elisabeth is 21 months old now. She's running around like crazy. Talking in sentences. Her favorites: "I hold it"; "I want it"; "I find it". She's also very much into figuring out who's things are who's, such as: "Mommy dink (drink)"; "Ibef (Elisabeth) jacket"; "Daddy pants". Here's a recent picture.


  • I have the summer off from teaching. Last semester was fabulous. I enjoyed my students so much. It was really a great experience. I'll be going back in the fall and I already can't wait. Not that I won't enjoy some time off, but I already feel a little at loose ends sometimes.
  • I've started singing with the worship team at my church. It's been really fun. I've enjoyed getting to know everyone better and they've been so nice to me. I'm also working on a new website for the church. I'm giving style sheets a whirl. I think it's going to be very cool. I'm also getting involved in the women's ministry. This past Saturday we met for several hours and worked on quilts. We got nearly 3 pieced and a 4th cut out. Next month we will meet to finish them up. We're going to donate them to a local NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). They use the quilts to help cover the babies' isolettes to shield them from the bright lights. Then the families can take the quilt home. I love that I'm part of a church where we can reach out and do things like this. I've met such lovely people there...the fellowship is awesome.
I suppose those are the high points...I'm hoping to post a little more frequently this summer. We'll see!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Care Bear!

Anonymous said...

I'm stealing Elisabeth. Seriously, you've got another one of the way....so I think I'm going to just take her off your hands.

Congratulations!!!

Vannah said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful! You are going to be one BUSY woman!!!!

alisa beth said...

hey hollis!
congrats on baby #2.
enjoy your summer of snacking!

Lisa said...

Hey Cheesehead! Congrats on baby #2! That's so exciting!! And I'm hearing you on the cheese toast...best thing EVER. Funny too b/c just yesterday I was in toast heaven and even felt led to blog about toast myself. I knew there was a reason we're friends. (Besides our mutually sparkling personalities, sharp intellects, and fabulous good looks).

Love you!!