Monday, July 21, 2008

Happenings

This weekend I was felled by a nasty cold. Elisabeth brought it home from her school; as soon as I saw her runny nose I should have realized I was doomed. I was out of commission all day on Sunday but by the evening was feeling better. Today was also better although now I am feeling a bit yucky again. Probably time for bed!

Elisabeth is a riot. Today she came into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth and asked, "Mommy? Is there a skunk in here?" I said to her, "Well, no there isn't honey." "Oh, ok. Bye", she replied. Insert hilarious laughter here (where is that rolling on the floor plurk guy when I need him?) There was a skunk in our yard the other day, but as far as I know did not make into the house.

Greyson has become proficient at rolling over. This is as much a novelty for me as it is for him b/c Elisabeth didn't roll over until she was 8 months old! Now he wants to crawl. So he'll roll over onto his tummy and then grunt and move his legs. Except he doesn't move his arms, so he just ends up smooshing his head into the ground. Understandably, this results in frustration and tears. Hopefully he'll figure this out pretty soon. And yes, I am ready for him to locomote on his own because he's getting too heavy for me to lug everywhere! (I think I have tendinitis in my hip/knee from carrying him around!)

I've started knitting Baby Bobbi Bear for a present. I'm using Berroco Pure Merino in Wisteria. This is my first time using this yarn and I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a lot. It is soft and squishy and I like the twist on it. The stitches look very nice. I also started and then frogged the lovely vine lace baby hat. I don't think it's a good idea to do your first lace knitting while sick. I don't know how I messed it up, but I did. I will re-attempt after the Bobbi Bear is a FO.

The Red Sox game is just starting now. I hate when they play on the west coast. No offense to west coast peeps out there but it really stinks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better (and that you're seemingly skunk free)! ;)

Melody said...

well you spoke to soon..now your under the weather again! Miles was big like Greyon -hard to lug around fosho! Thankful when he walked! :) feel better.

Karyn said...

Hey! I live in the West. I'm offended. ;)