Sunday, September 07, 2008

Dumb NFL Announcers

So today I was watching the Dolphins-Jets game and one of the announcers commented on the youth of the Miami team. "Oh they are just such a young team," he opined. "They don't know how to grind out 4 quarters of football." Um...excuse me? Did I miss the memo where college football is only 3 quarters? This type of drivel drives me freakin' insane! Yes, the NFL is professional football, but the way these talking heads carry on, you would think a rookie had never touched a football before. I bet in college, offensive lineman have to block the pass rush. I would even hazard a guess that college quarterbacks throw the ball from time to time. And I bet even the place kicker has just a few PATs under his belt. So you know what all you moron announcers out there: stick to play calling. Because you're dumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I don't know too much about football, but I have had similar rants about baseball announcers (Fox pinheads, you know who you are!) Drives me crazy.