Monday, September 15, 2008

A little of this...

and a little of that. Things have been busy busy since classes started on the 5th. It's nice to be back to work. It's been a bit of adjustment for everyone, but so far so good!

Greyson is rapidly approaching 8 months old. He now has 2 teeth. His latest trick is crawling backwards. He can move pretty quick! He's gotten up on his hands and knees a few times, so I think full fledged crawling can't be far off. Elisabeth is in preschool and loves to tell me how she's a "big girl" like me. She is still a drama queen but she's such a sweetie with Greyson. Here he is fast asleep in his swing.
Photobucket

I've been doing a lot of knitting. So much knitting and so little time! I have a new knitting philosphy that I came up with last night after trying to figure out what I "should" knit. Who cares? Whatever. I knit what I want. So what if I have a dozen WIPs? There's no knitting police out there. So currently on the needles: my Talia vest (nearly done), Anastasia socks, Sheepie Blanket, Haruha scarf, Thuja socks. And maybe I'll cast on something new later if I feel like it. In order to continue this new found knitting freedom, I think I need some more knitpicks cables! I also was fortunate enough to procure what I described to Rich as "the truffle of yarns". This picture doesn't do the color justice but here it is.

wollmeise_pfefferminz
Wollmeise sock yarn (that's Vahl-my-za for the uninitiated...not Wohl-meese)

Fantasy football has started. I hate both my teams. Well, that's a little strong...I think I hate both my teams. I'll give 'em another week to be sure. I'm considering a trade in one of my leagues. But trades always freak me out because what if the guy I'm trading suddenly does great and/or my new player tanks? Why does someone want my crappy RB? Is there something I don't know about? So...I'm still ruminating on that one.

Oh my....Elisabeth's face is covered in cream cheese from the bagel we shared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy Busy! I do agree with your knit what you want philosophy. Life's too short!

Heather said...

very busy indeed! The little man & lady are too cute!