Saturday, January 27, 2007

Notes

So the other day I was driving out of the parking lot at my work on my way home and I saw something rather odd. There was a tree crossing the street in front of me. So as I got closer, the tree started waving a branch at me, which of course made me laugh. The tree got across the road and then I could see there was a dude behind it, laughing at me as I drove by. It kind of made my day.

Yesterday I did something I hadn't done since moving up to Massachusetts. Can you guess? In the grand scheme of things it's not such a big deal but to me it was. I went out to lunch with two professors that I work with. I've definitely eaten lunch in the past two years and on occasion even out with other people. But this was the first time I had been out with work people. It was great...we ate at a Chinese restaurant just down the block from the school. The only not so great part was the walk. It was 11 degrees outside and the wind chill was -12 F. So by the time I got to the restaurant I couldn't feel my face. But it was worth it to have a meal with my new colleagues.

Today is supposed to be clean the house day. It's going ok so far. Obviously I'm not currently cleaning, but I needed to take a break. I'm at the point where I want to get it done but suddenly I feel overwhelmed and not sure what to do next. I also cut my finger on a knife this morning thus I am slightly incapacitated and unable to do much that has to do with water (i.e. washing dishes). Fortunately Rich is picking up the slack there and also spending time wrangling Elisabeth. I've done 2 loads of laundry already with more to go. Better get back to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how our pastor's wife motivates herself through cleaning. When she finishes something, she does a little "ta-da!" flourish, a little spin, and says, "For my next trick, I will..." and whirls off to do something else. She does and says this even if she is alone. It's made cleaning more fun. :)