Monday, June 18, 2007

Sweet!

Yesterday was a very exciting day. We discovered that just outside of Boston there exists a Chipotle ! If you've never been to one of these fab-u-lous establishments or never heard of it, listen up. Chipotle does basically one thing: burritos. And they are divine. My favorite thing to get (thanks Karyn) is the Burrito bol which is basically the insides of a burrito in a bowl. And I like to get the tortilla on the side and rip it up and eat it alongside the yumminess in the bowl. So, yesterday being Father's Day we decided to make a special drive to Medford (that's Meff-ud for you non-Boston peeps) to partake of some burrito goodness. I got a chicken burrito bol with cilantro lime rice, black beans, tomatillo salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce. It was SO good. Rich (being that pork is his friend) got a burrito with carnitas (that would be pork). Elisabeth was not interested in sampling either of our dishes. Too bad for her! Anyway, today I'm looking forward to eating the rest of my burrito bol for lunch as they give you (at least me) way too much to eat at one time. It was a fun excursion...except for a brief stop at a Super 88 chinese grocery store so Rich could find some Szechuan peppercorns. It was quite the smelly place, but I toughed it out. I must love him a lot. I will leave you with this thought: GO TO CHIPOTLE...GO TO CHIPOTLE. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHIPOTLE! I dream of those delicious 5 lb burritos. The worse canker sore of my life happened when I hastily bit into the burrito and hit my lip instead. That sucker lasted 3 painful weeks...but was worth all my suffering because the burrito was so delicious. Those chips are divine, too!

alisa beth